Read a news article shared by Jayce Or, a TA member.
The writing is on the wall.
Regulations should be coming soon.
I am not an expert in regulations, but I imagine that in any industry, when regulation is imposed, a few things is likely to happen:
1) More rules to follow
2) Greater transparency (curriculum, teaching material, lesson plans)
3) Greater consumer confidence
4) Mandatory training and upskilling for tutors
5) A mediatary body (like Consumer Association) to handle disputes
6) A smaller gap between the highest fees and the lowest fees charged by tutors / centres
7) More fees payable to get the license to run a tuition service
My two cents. I might be totally wrong. What is your take?