We all know that sales people and businessmen need to network a lot. But why do tutors need to network? Tutors just need to teach well, get students to refer more students, and that’s the whole story, isn’t it?
I used to think and did exactly that – teach, ask for a referral, and teach some more – until I was 2-3 years into the tutoring business. That’s when I realized the need to network. These are some crucial reasons why tutors need to network, the way I see it.
- To get encouragement, inspiration, and companionship.
- To keep ourselves updated with what’s going on in the industry and in the world
- To learn best practices in teaching
- To learn best practices in running the business from other tutors
- To open ourselves to more opportunities
- To have access to more resources
Do you agree with all the points?
How have you benefited from your network?